Adult Day Care
For those wishing to remain at home in southern Westchester County or the Bronx, NY – or caregivers seeking a much-needed break – Wartburg adult day care services ensure supervision, health care and recreation.
Wartburg offers the region’s only adult day care program open seven days a week. We offer two models: a social one specially designed for healthy adults and a medical one for frail adults, including those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, physical disabilities or who are recovering from illness.
Wartburg’s caring, experienced professionals will help you decide which program is best for your loved one:
- Our Social Model is for adults who would benefit from an enriching program of recreational and social activities in a professionally supervised environment. Loved ones socialize with peers to connect both emotionally and spiritually, allowing them to escape loneliness and isolation. We offer a wide range of activities to help seniors in reasonably good health maintain their zest for living.
- Our Medical Model is for adults needing medical or health support services in addition to enriched social activities. Working with your family physician, we develop a personalized care plan for your loved one. An RN supervises the program and provides comprehensive monitoring of health needs, such as diabetes and hypertension, while a carefully planned program of therapies – including speech, occupational and physical, if needed – and activities help maintain and improve each adult’s well-being.
- Open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Early drop off and last pick up (until 6:00 p.m.) available for an additional fee.
Both adult day care programs offer:
- Half- or full-day options
- Round-trip transportation
- Nutritious hot breakfast and lunch with a choice of entrees; afternoon refreshments as well as optional take-home dinners
- On-site psychological, podiatry and pain management services
- Dementia-specific care by trained professionals
- Creative Aging, an award-winning arts program with classes customized to meet the interests and cognitive needs of each group
- Spiritual care (appropriate to all faiths) by Wartburg’s chaplain
- A bilingual team that speaks English and Spanish
- Live entertainment, educational and exercise programs
- Community trips and outdoor activities on our beautiful, secure 34-acre campus
- Personal grooming services, including a whirlpool bath and full beauty salon
- Medicaid, private pay or long-term care insurance eligibility
- Priority eligibility for other Wartburg services
See for yourself how Wartburg adult day care services can make a difference in the life of your loved one – and you. Contact us to find out more. Better yet, schedule a visit and spend a complimentary day or two with us. Ready to sign up? Complete an application now.